Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ephesians 5:33

"Each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband."  So my hub and I went to a Love and Respect Seminar this weekend given by the renown Dr. Emerson Eggerichs.  The tickets were a given to us as a Christmas gift from my family.  I have to start by saying that hub and I were less than excited to spend the weekend away from the kids and at a seminar, none the less!  Boring with a capital B!  Boy, were we wrong.  It was an amazing time of teaching, learning, laughing, and growing.  Although I have never struggled with respecting my husband (mainly because he is an amazing man of God, the spiritual leader in our home, a man of integrity, a hard worker, kind, loving, gentle, a great father, provider, and protector...okay, you get the point) I still learned a ton about the sanctity of marriage and how extremely different the Lord wired man and woman.    I am still trying to wrap my mind around everything I learned.  I feel so blessed to be married to my man and although we've hit bumps in the road (and will hit many more in our years) we have one common goal and that is to glorify God through our marriage.   I pray that my girls will marry a man just like their daddy one day, and that my boy will love his wife just as his daddy has loved me!    I pray that our marriage will leave a legacy for our children to follow one day!  

I am blessed-

No comments: