Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'm leaving on a jet plane....

...don't know when I'll be back again. Actually, I'll be back in just a couple of days. Just a quick trip to Franklin, TN. I have just a couple of things on my agenda. One being to visit my sister and brother (and their families) and the second is to do a little small town shopping. Not the fancy shopping either! The downtown warehouse full of "treasures" kind of shopping. You know, those old shanty houses where the front door just might fall off when you enter. That's where you can find me this weekend. I am praying hoping that I find that one special shabby treasure that whispers in my ear, "Pick me, pick me". Maybe it will simply be a glass milk jug in an old rusty milk carrier or an old chippy (seriously, I know that's a word!) painted locker basket that I'll store my new Flea Market Style magazine in.



(If you haven't rushed out to get this magazine, there is no time like the present). But whatever it is I know it will be love at first sight! (Insert sarcasm here... "Oh, my hub will be so excited to have a new treasure for our home"...end of sarcasm) For some reason, my very large and overpopulated city that I call home, just doesn't have this kind of shopping, so I must go to other towns to find such "antiques" and I do use the word loosely! So, there you have it. I'm off to see my siblings who by the way are my best friends, and to find glass jugs.

No comments: